<a href="https://secure.blueoctane.net/forms/5ZG8BL7KWUC4">Click Here To Load This Formexperts.com Form</a>

Political Asylum/Refugee Status

Individuals who are in the United States and fear returning to their native countries as a result of persecution based on race, religion, sexual orientation or membership in a political or social group may be eligible for permanent residence status through a request for asylum. In order to qualify, an individual must request political asylum within his or her first year in the United States. Once they are granted political asylum or refugee status, a foreign national may then apply for lawful permanent residence by filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

If you are seeking lawful permanent residence in the United States, it is imperative that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney. Even the smallest mistake on paperwork or one missed deadline may hinder your chances of receiving a Green Card.  Our immigration attorneys can advise you on the best course of action to obtain permanent resident status and assist with the preparation of all forms and supporting documentation. We are available throughout the length of the application process to answer your questions and address any issues that may arise.

© 2024 Cobos Law Firm | Attorney Advertising
17 Academy Street, Suite 312, Newark, NJ 07102
| Phone: 973.353.0924

Where Do I Start? | Resources | Practice Areas | Attorneys


© Cobos Law Firm | Attorney Advertising / Disclaimer / Privacy Policy
17 Academy Street, Suite 312, Newark, NJ 07102 | Phone: 973-353-0924 | Fax: 973-353-0925
Where Do I Start? | Practice Areas | Attorneys | Resources